Putting Patients First by Meeting the
Strategic Goals of the Emergency Department
At Premier Physician Services, we make clinical operational efficiency a priority. We utilize the LEAN operational approach to improve ED processes that will lead to safe, quality care for all patients that seek emergency treatment in our Emergency Departments.
What does being “LEAN” mean?
- Understanding value from the customer perspective
- What does the customer value?
- What does the customer really want?
- What does the customer want today and what will they want in the future?
- Delivering exactly what is required at the right time with minimum effort and no waste
- Providing a safe environment
- Focusing on processes that deliver customer value
- Eliminating waste using LEAN tools and techniques as opposed to adding manpower, technology or new buildings
- Promoting flow - continuous flow in improving processes
- Promoting the consistent and reliable use of standardized processes
To achieve clinical operational efficiency, in-depth Emergency Department operational site assessments are completed. Information gained from this process allows the operations team to look at the processes that contribute to the patient experience as they move through the ED, keeping in mind the patient perception of excellent customer service.
We focus on all departments that interface with the ED, including the laboratory, radiology, and admitting, among others.
Operational action plans are developed and implemented based on the key findings that promote collaboration and clinical operational efficiency to deliver safe, quality, efficient care with a goal of providing each patient an exceptional emergency experience.